Few things are worse than being notified by a credit reporting company that you have bad credit in some way. Unfortunately for many people, they will not discover that they have been made a victim of unfair credit reporting until they go to take out a mortgage or a loan on a new home or car, for example. Rather obviously, this can get in the way of making such a purchase.
If you believe that you have been made a victim of credit reporting abuse, please continue reading and speak with a seasoned New York City debt collection harassment lawyer from Rahman Legal to learn more about how our firm can fight for your rights. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are some of the most common examples of credit reporting abuse?
There are several actions that may be classified as credit reporting abuse. Some of the most common examples of this are as follows:
- Incorrectly listing public records
- Failing to remedy any errors on your credit report
- Neglecting to respond to you when you report or question errors on your credit report
- Incorrectly reporting accounts as delinquent
- Selling your personal information, in violation of the law
- Inaccurately reporting accounts in general
- Failing to fix or delete outdated information regarding your credit report
- Withholding certain parts of information that may potentially reduce the negative impact on your credit score
- Mixing up credit accounts (in issues of mistaken identity)
- Exaggerating late payment information
- Any other action that is in violation of the law
What should I do if I am a victim of unfair credit reporting?
If you believe you are a victim of unfair credit reporting in New York State, the first thing you should do is speak with an attorney who can inform you of your options. Rahman Legal can reach out to creditors and credit reporting bureaus in an effort to have the errors corrected. If they refuse to remedy the issue in question, we can pursue a lawsuit against them in an effort to get you fully and fairly compensated for the damages you have incurred as a result of the abuse.
Do not make the mistake of doing so without a competent attorney in your corner. Our firm has decades of experience representing victims of unfair credit reporting in NYS, and we are prepared to put that experience to work for you in your case. Give us a call today or contact us online so we can get started.